Friday 16 October 2009

Character Concepts

Ok so i have been busy producing the concepts for my character and i have finally found the time to upload the images of what i have been doing up in the blog.



These initial sketches were drawn at an early stage while i was trying to figure out how i wanted my character to look. I really tried experimenting with the appearance of the character and sketching out possible design look as alternatives. Eventually i narrowed down my choices and chose the one i wanted to go ahead with as the final design. Above in the 2nd picture you will notice that i highlighted the character that i chose and made a little comment.

The reason why i chose this character was because it had the best overall child quality look to it. I really wanted to stay close to what the brief had described of the character and that was my focal point when i was drawing the character concepts. The rest of the characters i drew were fine but it didn't really look right, some were too simple and some were a bit exaggerated and over the top. The character i chose to go ahead with, had a bit of both and the right balance of look.



As you can see above, i took my final character design and started to produce more concepts to refine it and add character poses which i could potentially use when i animate my character.

Very simple and quick pose sketches that i did which i learnt from my life drawing experiances and looking at refrences in the internet.









No comments:

Post a Comment